Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging in Port O'Connor

Hi there everyone,
    This is my first post on this website, but I have been looking here ever since Williep told me about this site. I like that there is a forum just for gigging, and thought that I should post some reports here.

Flounder gigging in Port O'Conner has been good this year and now we are starting to see some flounder in the 20'' range about every other night.
    The winds lately have been laying down around midnight making the water clarity better as the night progresses. Last night, after some much needed rain, the winds were calm but the water wasn't as clear as we wanted it to be. The further we went, the water seem to get better, once we had about 15 or 16 in the box we decided to go back to where we started and sure enough the water was super clear and we finished up the 4 man limit, leaving a few smaller ones for another day.

As the fall months approach, the larger flounder should start to show up more consistantly and the lighter winds will make floundering conditions only get better.
    Thanks,
    Captain Shawn Harvey

Welcome Capt to FWE!That a ness mess of flatties!What and who is a Williep?lol
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

good trip! Welcome!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Welcome Capt to FWE!That a ness mess of flatties!What and who is a Williep?lol

Thanks Chris, that does alot for my self-esteem. LOL

Glad to see you made it over here Shawn, there's a good group of people here at FWE. Sharon had a good time the other night and you never know, I may be able to get her to go back. Let me know when the big flounder get there and I'll get up with you.
        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Now you have me competing with a captain for your fried wings Willie ?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
          X