8/26 AM wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/26 AM wade

Waded this morning with a buddy. Throwing plastics mostly, hackberry hustler, electric chicken, moss back coho... the usual. Got noting but sandies at sunrise, so I moved down to the surf... it was BEAUTIFUL. I lived in Galveston for 5 years, and man, I only saw the ocean that flat and CLEAR like twice.... Waist deep water could still clearly see my feet. I thought I might be accidentally wading in the Hotel Galvez's pool......

The surf looked great, lots of bait moving, beautiful flat. Started in the surf at 8:30, and apparently that was a bit too late, cause the fish seemed to have hit the off button. Didn't see anyone catching hardly at all. I only got one speck, buddy skunked on trout. Switched to a gold spoon and had one Smack hit and give a nice fight before parting off. Leader next time... just in case. Only other fish was I think a good redfish- a 30' wide patch of weeds floated in close, so I waded out to my armpits and chunked out just past it. Ripped the spoon back by it and what appeared to be a red hit it so hard that both spoon and fish came out of the water! It was cool, but no hook up.

The conditions were absolutely perfect, but the water was not moving at all. Got home, looked at tide chart, saw that the tide move this am was almost non-existant. I should have fished the afternoon. Was anyone out there this afternoon? It looked like the water was gonna flow good.

I will be back tomorrow, fishing the pm till sundown. Probably gonna start about 3-4 and fish till about dark. What do yall think? (besides that it will be hot) Anyone interested in joining?

I will be in G-town all day tomorrow just text/call me. Being lazy but leaving now to wade fish the night.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Thanks! PM Sent. I will give you a call when I'm around the island. Gotta soak up the water before the G-Town Brown returns!

Comment

Working...
      X