Giggin' help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giggin' help please

I really wanted to get on the water and fish this weekend but the weather forecasts arent looking real great. Strong northern winds and chance of rain pretty much all wekeend. Dont really feel like fighting the rough open bay conditions trying to catch trout.

So, now Im thinking about going gigging one night. Ive been a time or two with buddies in Mattagorda, but never in Galveston. Im looking for a little guidance and direction on where to start?? Im not oppesed to walking in somewhere, or could take the boat to a spot before dark. With the forecasted north wind I guess maybe a north shoreline would be best?

Should I try a spot with hard sand bottom? Or mud and shell? Would anyone care to PM me with a good spot to try? I really only want to go one time and I would keep any info given to myself. Like I said Im not experienced to gigging so just looking for a little direction or advice, or areas to try, sense I know there are some giggers on this site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Strong North wind dirty water below normal tides. Save your gas for better conditions. If you insist maybe hit the cold pass area or the north shoreline near the intercoastal. Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X