am I ever going to just fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I ever going to just fish?

Im afraid this may be serious, I hope not but please advise if you have a clue. Im running about 40 mph all of a sudden motor revs down to almost a bog out so I idle it down to rev her her up and off we go again for about 100 yds then she does it again....I idle all the way in. I get home and run her on the ears and no problem she is revving up and sounds great. What do you think she is doing?

Check the fuel pump/lines. Just had the same issue with an 07 Mercury 90hp 4 stroke

Comment

yep, fuel lines are the 1st check

Did you look at your bulb? .... sometimes they get sucked flat

#2 CARBS

#3 Water in gas - when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? easy fix

What kind of motor? hp and year?
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

its a 115 V4 Johnson 92. Have never changed the filter. I will try that first. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hose johnson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	555592

I found a gas leak on the hose at the elbo circled. Not sure if that would cause the bog down at WOT but must be repaired none the less. The gas filter is white and looks hollow( is this normal?) This pic is off the internet not mine but looks almost exactly like it. Should I replace my filter with one like in pic?
          Attached Files

Comment

If you don't have one already, I recommend an external Racor-type 10 micron filter to catch any water before it gets to the engine.

I'm guessing that fuel leak was the problem...but if it only does it under a load, then there is something else going on.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              If you don't have one already, I recommend an external Racor-type 10 micron filter to catch any water before it gets to the engine.

I'm guessing that fuel leak was the problem...but if it only does it under a load, then there is something else going on.

Good call....but maybe not, if the leak isn't bad and enough fuel is getting there to satisfy the lower rpm requirement. Fix the leak and check it out. My injected engine did the same thing and the injectors were clogging...The Racor took care of that!
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
              X