Offshore from Surfside 9-10-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore from Surfside 9-10-2011

Well folks we went Saturday morning leaving BB&T@ 05:30 to a rig 15 miles out to make bait then to Salvadore Ridge then Sunrise Rig then Sunrise Rock then a rig 10 miles from SR Rock in 1000' of water (never been to this rig before and didn't record it's coordinates but it is 86.8 statute miles off the Freeport jetties) then back to Salvadore. I figured the fishin would be slow having the bright moon along with a slow current and I was correct. I told my guys the bite would pick up late afternoon and it did thank God! We caught grouper, cuda, shark, loads of endangered red snapper of course and filled the box up with b-liners. My motto as always is "Never give up!" that's the plan we stuck with and it paid off. A large time was had by all and we were back on the trailer @ 21:00. Crew consisted of me, my son Justice, Scuba Steve, Jeb and three new guys Bryan, Brian and Brendon.
    I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Sounds like a great trip
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice trip. I think the rig that you went to is the west cerveza, it's in 900+ft of water. Glad you guys had a safe trip.

Comment

Thanx for the info RSN. I believe it was 970' there, close enough to 1000'. There were lots of fish there around all the support structure but the bite had not turned on yet so we hatched a plan to go back in to Salvadore for b-liners. With my float plan if I don't make it back in to cell phone range by 21:00 my son will call the coasties on me! We always stay too late and have to haul butt all the way in to make it on time.
        I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Comment

Nice going!! I wish I made it out saturday but the port motor said "Not Today"-dang it. I did hang a 4' blacktip in surf about 1 pm and lost it (broke off). I thought about taking the 20' skeeter out it was so nice, but knew better!!

Thanks for the report!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

What a day. I'm glad that it turned around for yall.
            NoBama

Comment

Working...
            X