fly fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly fishing

never done it before but i wanna try it. its on my list of things to do. any suggestions on how i should go about trying it once or twice?
    75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Like that NIKE commercial...Just Do It! I would say when the winds are light or you'll get frustrated with it quickly! Watch videos..plenty out there. Read books, plenty of those too! I learned probably the wrong way, by just tying and flying at a certain middle fork river in Colorado! Eventually I gained more confidence and hired a guide to take me to some private waters, and low and behold...he schooled me some! Go figure? I guess it depends on how into you seriously want to try it! There are some here that you can hire...which I'd recommend. Kinda like golf...develope those bad habits and they're hard to get rid of!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

You should have come to the fly fishing expo a few weeks ago, Capt Steve was giving casting lessons.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

The Shallowist, aka Captain Steve Soule, also gives private lessons and they're pretty reasonable! I've been wanting to learn too.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

cool thanks for the info.
          75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Working...
          X