West Bay yak fishing trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay yak fishing trial

Our company yak fishing team is going to have a trial run into Dana Cove on either Sat. Oct. 8th or Sunday Oct. 9th. in preparation for our fall tourney in East Matagorda the following weekend. Of the three of us, one is a newbie to yak fishing.

So, if you are new to yak fishing and would like to see a modern version of the Keystone Cops in saltwater. And to compare notes on rigging, anchoring, equipment, PFD's etc. please let me know and come on out.

We'll put in at the defunct Waterman's Marina, paddle through Lake Como and fish Dana Cove. Our purpose is to generally flail about, figure out what needs rigging/repair on some borrowed yaks, as well as develop our style of choreography and discover angling eccentricities.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Ooh! I hate to miss that one! Sounds good.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I may come out! Haven't paddled this area yet, but I have fished it. Sometimes it is on, and other times...it's deader than overcooked rice.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
        I may come out! Haven't paddled this area yet, but I have fished it. Sometimes it is on, and other times...it's deader than overcooked rice.
        Great! come on out! The fishing this trip is secondary to seeing what we lose, break and get wet. Dana is alot better in winter.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
        X