Tt 4/10/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tt 4/10/09

Not a lot happening up TT on this day and the water was a little off colored early. I only was able to get one solid hit on a Space Guppy BA from 7:30 to Noon. The water did get to looking better the closer to Bastrop I got, but there didn't seem to be as much action in the water that direction. I did see 8-10 tailing reds but just couldn't get them interested in anything. Wish I'd taken my fly rod along. The reds were real spooky and would make a run if anything distrubed them. Bait was everywhere, but there just wasn't any fish working the bait. I did paddle the yak up a couple of the bigger drains, but didn't see a lot of action.
    There were a few other folks soaking live bait and they weren't having any better luck. Maybe the guys a Blockade Runners with catch some under the lights this weekend.
    Last edited by bountyhunter; April 11, 2009, 01:28 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Nice report. I hate that when you see them tailing and can't catch them. During the summer I would find them way back in the coves of west bay but they were very spooky. The only thing I could throw at them without them spooking was a weightless Bass assassin.

Comment

I thought about a weightless BA but I didn't bring any hooks for that rig.....I won't forget them next time.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sorry for the bad luck, but there is always next time.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice try

Way to get out there and try. Still better than a good day at work!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report.The tailing reds are fun to watch.
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report. It sure is exciting when you can get those tailing reds to bite but they can be picky at times.

Comment

Working...
              X