Kayak gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak gigging

It's been a while since I have got to go out gigging. The boat is in the shop but I had to get out and find some flounder under some lights. I got on the water at 12 am paddled out to a couple islands out in west bay and the south east wind was ripping out. I thought for sure it was going to be a long night. I worked the kayak around the back side of the protected side of the island and the water was fairly clear and very shallow but almost instantly I saw one bedded in really well. I got my limit of 17-19 1/2" fish in about 20 min. All the flounder were in very shallow water. I don't have any pictures this trip, but next time I go out. I hope to have the video camera along.
    Son of the Republic

It didn't happen without pictures LOL. Just Kidding good job man. I'm glad you got a limit, the way we have been catching them on rod & reel, they should be easy to find gigging. Good job once again...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I can get you pictures but it will be of fillets and flounder ready for stuffing. I was in such a hurry last night I forgot to grab my camera. I even forgot to grab my paddle luckly I keep a back up brake down pair in my boat.
      Son of the Republic

Comment

show us a pic of your light set up.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post
            show us a pic of your light set up.
            I'm working on a hands free high powered light system right now, but right now all I use is a cigarrett lighter million candle watt spot light that I cut the cigarrett lighter adapter off and connect it strait to a 12 volt marine battery. The yak floats in 4 inches of water with me standing up. When I do make my hands free light system for my gigging kayak I will post pictures.
            Son of the Republic

Comment

Good job. I was planning to go Friday night, but stayed home because of the wind.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Kayak Gigging

I use mine to go to hard to get to areas that would be a long trip by boat. I've had alot of fun and wore them out in back bayous. Here is a few pics of the rigging. I have a Malibu X-factor that is stable enough to stand and pole. I mounted my lights on scotty rod holders that let me tilt up or down depending on paddling or fishing. A breeze to pole. Works Great
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is my set up that I came up with. Took it out the other night and the water in the area I went to was cloudy so I didn't get to gig any. I was going to go to another of my spots but it was Thursday night and the cold front blew in right as I was loading the boat onto my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0922012301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	555672
                    Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
                    X