need yalls opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need yalls opinion

2 different fuel opinions. One guy tells me that i should always unplug my gas line and burn the fuel out after every outing becuase the gas will vaporate and leave the oil to sludge up the carbs. Then another tells me that is not good to remove the gas because the system should stay lubed while not in use..Who is right?

Good question! We leave the gas in, but put some additives after every outing. Interesting to hear what others say!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

I have had multiple techs refer me to StarBrite additive and to buy the best quality 93 octane gas from a high volume, well maintained gas station.

No one has ever suggested that I disconnect any lines.

Comment

If you can disconnect the fuel easily, Huey the mechanic told me to run my boat empty-that way no varnish will build from old gas.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I will throw in my .02,
          i run a 95 merc efi and a 01 yammy oh66, ive never disconnect the fuel line on either one.
          i fill both with only 93 octane gas and some short of additive, mostly satbil.
          For the last several years the merc only gets used a few times in the spring, and she still runs like a charm. The yammy has never been more than 2 months without being run. And she too runs like a charm.
          im going to keep doing what ive been doing.....works for me.

Comment

I got a 97 150 johnson ocean runner i've never disconnect the fuel line 93 octane some additives good to go.

Comment

All of y'all wasting money at the pumps... I only put 87 in the Robalo... My lawnmower engine gets the good stuff LOL
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Its settled then. Fuel lines will stay connected and I will make sure to keep stabil added. Thanks for the good info.

Comment

reason you should not run the gas out of the carbs is - you cannot get all the gas out of them - some gas remains and it evaporates with so little being left in their - leaving the oil that clogs the carbs....

Best thing to do - is run the boat!
                  BUT
                  If you cannot run it more than once a month - keep the bulb pumped - it keeps the carbs full- therefor keeping the oil and gas mixed

BTW
                  you are wasting your money on anything over 87 oct. - the higher end stuff has additives for high performing motors in cars - not your boat motor - and it will not stay good longer just because it's higher octane ...

In short go fish and run that motor, and use stabil or something simular
                  FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

If you unhook the line you with have the seals/rubber stuff go bad. Run your boat I dont add anything (wouldn't hurt though) never had an issue!!
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

This is a issue that comes up a lot. I personally say if you run the boat a lot or at least crank it to get the fuel moving through the carbs at least 1 every week or 2 this keeps everything wet internally and keeps from varnishing and getting debris build up in the carb. This is the method I use.
                      Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                      (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                      4340 19th St.
                      Bacliff, Texas 77518
                      http://evansmarine.net
                      http://boatwerxtx.com
                      main@boatwerxtx.com
                      281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

If You run a two stroke out of gas there is no lubrication for the rod bearings and cylinders. That is my two cents.
                        Beandaddy

Comment

Sounds logical, thanks i will do this.
                          Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
                          This is a issue that comes up a lot. I personally say if you run the boat a lot or at least crank it to get the fuel moving through the carbs at least 1 every week or 2 this keeps everything wet internally and keeps from varnishing and getting debris build up in the carb. This is the method I use.

Comment

Working...
                          X