Jones 9/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones 9/20

Took the yak out looking for some flounder at the start of the out going tide. Well the tide started moving out and the trout moved in. I was bouncing tandom rigs off the bottom and I could not keep the sand trout and the dink specks off. I was catching and releasing from 7-12.

I was tossing 1/16 oz. tandom rigged crappie jig heads with glow/chart. curly tailed grub and a plum/chart curly tailed grub. I switched from pink curly tailed, chart./fire curly tailed, and smoke curly tailed grubs made by mister twister. The glow/chart. and plum/chart. worked the best.

I did manage to hook into one trout that would have pushed the 20 '' mark if I would have measured it but I wasn't planning on keeping anything today so I didn't bring the measuring stick. I also caught a flounder that was to small and a couple dink reds.
    Son of the Republic

Thans for of a nice report. Nice
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Good report and action.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Sounds like a good day to me. Where did you launch from. Havent taken my kayak to jones yet.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Sounds like fun to me! Thanks for the report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I launch from louis on hwy 6 and paddle to the mouth of jones via highland bayou on out going tides. On high tides I launch from fat boys and drift fish around the tiki island bridge.
              Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
              X