4/12/09 West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/12/09 West Bay

I went out again at 4:00 this afternoon. Hit the N. shoreline and it wasn't quite as "on". The tide was about a foot above normal and little movement for the first hour. I finally caught a 20+" trout, then a second one a little bigger on pumpkin/chrt sand eel jr.
    My fishing partner and his neighbor showed up and we all caught a few more fish. I still can't seem to get a decent topwater bite going. I don't get it!
    It was a beautiful afternoon and sunset.......life is good at da beach.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice work, thanks for the report. I cant wait to get back into town and get after it, hopefully the weather will be warm and stay warm!
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice

At least the weather calmed down enough to get out and catch a few. The water is almost warm enough to fish the surf. It looks like we will get a few nice days this week and it should turn on!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
        At least the weather calmed down enough to get out and catch a few. The water is almost warm enough to fish the surf. It looks like we will get a few nice days this week and it should turn on!
        This is the time of year to hit the beach front in Surfside throwing MR 51's.
        It'll still be pretty chilly.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I haven't been doing too well with tops either. I think I'll wait to start seeing more surface bait before I give them a shot again.

Those jerk baits have been the ticket though.

Comment

I couldnt believe how high the tide was Easter morning after being so low sat morning.
              I found a bunch of reds friday mid day that wouldnt bite, So I got up Sat morning early, but the tide was so low sat morning I didnt go. I figured it would be the same Sunday morning and didnt get up to early. WRONG, tide was real high. They were probably piled up in there.
              After that it was time for Church so I was done till afternoon and hit golfballs with my boys then.
              Come'on friday
              "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

Originally posted by Redfishr View Post
                I couldnt believe how high the tide was Easter morning after being so low sat morning.
                I found a bunch of reds friday mid day that wouldnt bite, So I got up Sat morning early, but the tide was so low sat morning I didnt go. I figured it would be the same Sunday morning and didnt get up to early. WRONG, tide was real high. They were probably piled up in there.
                After that it was time for Church so I was done till afternoon and hit golfballs with my boys then.
                Come'on friday
                I was wondering when you'd show up over here!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                  I was wondering when you'd show up over here!
                  It wasnt that I was puttin it off.......I just found it yesterday.
                  "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

They can't always be there-darn it! Good going Kenny.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thank you for the report. Havent had a chance to hit the top water bite yet, but I cant wait till I do. Maybe next time

Comment

thanks for the report... i think we has a full moon this past weekend so it probably made the day fishing a little harder... i'm going to be wadin the surf all weekend no matter what it looks like so i'll post up if i do any good
                        Boats and hoes.

Comment

Thanks for the report Kenny
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                          X