christmas bay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christmas bay...

Ive heard that Christmas bay can offer promising wade fishing? Never fished there myself. Anyone want to weigh in?

Never fished it myself, but have heard some nice reds and flounder are caught out there.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yes, Christmas can be a great place to fish. Id suggest getting a Hot Spots Map from Academy and studying it throughly, learning the area. Christmas is relatively shallow, but there is some mud and deeper areas you need to watch out for. It is always a good idea to wear a life vest when wading in unfamiliar areas. You can park pretty much anywhere along the Blue Water Hwy (whats left of it at least) and walk in. The south shoreline is a good place to fish, and you can get bait at Ernies if you need to.
      Good luck.

M.M.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

i like to fish the "duckblind" area near the pass
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

There aren't any fish there...head west.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Theres fish in that bay...
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
              and you can get bait at Ernies if you need to.
              Where is ernies?

Comment

Ernies bait camp, there is a ramp there and a bait camp, dont know if its operational though. It is off the blue water highway, about 3-5 miles west of the SLP bridge.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Right by the pier is a good spot.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Ernies is not currently in operation right now. The whole bottom floor, where you got bait and burgers, was whiped out by the hurricane.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

The Rusty Hook has it.
                      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

What is this Chocolate Bay you speak of????
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Bailey & I have fished West of Ernies and done okay it was a sever high tide we caught finger mullet from the kayak but had no luck fishing over shell or the grass on the s. shoreline that day... It was last summer and I bet the fish were in some deeper water it was mid day we just wanted a few beers!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            What is this Chocolate Bay you speak of????
                            I'm sorry I meant Xmas Bay!
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

there's no fish in Christmas bay. waste of time fishing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X