Corkies, When to Stop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corkies, When to Stop??

When do yall usually quite throwing your corkies? I know that they are notably known for their effectiveness as a winter and spring time bait, so what water temps, time of the year or other factor causes you to quit throwing them? Is it the choice of bait? Help me out. Thanks in advance.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

I throw them year round, and will be throwing the floater a lot this summer/fall. I will be using them in times where the fish seem less active to induce some strikes.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

ditto
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

never stop throwing them

Comment

Thank God!! I just started throwing them
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Need to buy me some of those. I'd guess the reason you'd want to throw something else is so you can use a lure that covers more water when the fish are a bit more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              Need to buy me some of those. I'd guess the reason you'd want to throw something else is so you can use a lure that covers more water when the fish are a bit more aggressive.

catch 5 and catch2000 work just as good.

Comment

Corky devil might work a little better because it has a faster sinking rate. I've never really messed with them too much but you can stick a nail in the nose and that will make it drop to the bottom faster. I will definately throw topwaters and plastics before I resort to a corky though.

Comment

51 mr

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  YEAH and the ole 51-52 mr are also among my favorites.. catch 5 and 2000 also.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

I figured they could catch fish year round, but I was under the impression that in the summer your go-to lures would be topwaters and soft plastics, with suspending baits being secondaries if you cant induce strikes on the primaries. Thanks guys.

M.M.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      Close but no cigar.......

I've used both the catch 5 and 2000 and they do catch fish, but I really think that corky's catch more and bigger fish.....
                      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I usually stop throwing Corkys around the first of April myself because I hate throwing them. usually by April I am commited to topwaters for the most part. But when they are short striking a topwater and really not trying to eat it I have no problem putting one back on any time of year.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                          Close but no cigar.......

I've used both the catch 5 and 2000 and they do catch fish, but I really think that corky's catch more and bigger fish.....

false.

Comment

Thanks for yalls advice guys.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                              Corky devil might work a little better because it has a faster sinking rate. I've never really messed with them too much but you can stick a nail in the nose and that will make it drop to the bottom faster. I will definately throw topwaters and plastics before I resort to a corky though.

That reminds me I need to go see Mr. Brown and get a few more Devils, mine are shot. The Devils do work very well in warmer water and can be worked faster. Where I like to use the standard Corky in the summer is the surf after the topwater bite slows. Though the Day Glow Corky does glow in the dark if you charge it up. Found that out early one morning tieing one to my line in the headlights. Before first light, the trout just don't seem to be able to turn down a glowing Corky.
                              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                              X