Blockade Runners 4.10.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners 4.10.09

I arrived later than I wanted to on Friday. I picked Bailey up on my way to SLP, he grabbed me a burger and was waiting at his place after I dropped the dogs off at mine.

We launched at the KOA Camp and went straight to Blockade Runners where we ran into TMO & Blackbeard oh yah the infamous "Rudy" too

My main objective was to fish and that's what we did... Although in the midst of packing everything up and putting provisions on the boat we forgot the bait... Well Blackbeard had us covered and we sat in that channel near Blockade Runners catching Puppy Black Drum & Reds. 1 Whiting was caught and kept, 2 rat reds (Picture to come later). It was a fun few hours before we had to head back into NASA RD 1 for the Club Meeting.

All fish were caught on the bottom on shrimp. I forgot how easy it is sitting back and watching your rod tip with a cold one in your hands
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Maybe that was the fishing I should have done that morning then I wouldn't have been so sore Saturday. Glad y'all got some pulls!
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

hey is rudy the guy with the old black ford with a camper that catches bait in the area?
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

No, Rudy is the methamphetamine carpenter........according to him, but after he said it he said just kidding.....yea right

Comment

Good to see you back Tom. How 'bout some vacation pics? - Sandy
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

HAving never posted pictures it could be a challenge...I'l try. I missed your call last night, I'll give you a holler this evening. It was awsome, fishing sucked but the Island time was great!!! Nothing like slumming in a million dollar boat for 5 days!!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TMO; April 23, 2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Check out the little sail boat, we met the guy sailing it, it was way cool. National geographic was doing a documentary on Haitan people building boats and leaving Haiti. Those guys built that boat in Haiti with only stuff they could pilfer on the island, completey handmade. No hardware just notches in the mast and line made from trees. They sailed from Haiti to Bimini and were waiting out the weather in the marina we stayed at. The guy doing the documentary was from Holland , he stayed at a hotel while they were in Bimini. The 3 Hatitans slept on the boat. All of the boats in the marina fed them. The seas had been running 6' - 8' in the gulfstream until Sunday morning, when we woke up the boat was gone. When we were about 10 miles out from Miami, we see them, what trip those guys sailed all the way from Haiti to Miami on that little sail boat. They definitely had some instestinak fortitude to cross the Gulfstream in that, seas were running from 3'-5' on Sunday when we passed them...

Comment

Where did you go Tom? Bahamas?

Comment

That water looks great!

Comment

Yea, we went to Miami to tour Uof M , That's where my daughter would l;ike to go to school. She interviewed for an internship at the school of marine biology and was offered the spot for the summer. Lucky girl gets to spend 4 weeks at my cousin's house in Coral Gables working at the school right on Key Byscane... then we shot over to bimini for 5 days...the seas were really rough so we did more partying than fishing.We did get to dive 1 day and did a little snorkeling as well. Last summer I went on a 17 day trip on his boat, working our wAy down to the Exumas, this summer he is talking about getting down to Long Island ( bahamas not New York ). I found my favorite place in the worl last summer, Staniel Cay in the Exumas...it is awsome, if you ever get a chance to get down there do it. The fishing is great , the diving is great ....also it is pretty darn remote only 150 people live on the island....Awsom place.
                    Last edited by TMO; April 23, 2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I remember now...

Comment

Working...
                      X