4/13 W. Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/13 W. Bay

While driving back from Austin Sunday night I noticed how calm the wind was. Considering I hadn't fished in almost a week I was ready to go at it. Drove through some dense fog in the early AM and got to the launch at first light. The wind had increased and was blowing from the W. making the S. shoreline a bit rough, but that wasn't about to stop me. Tried the topwater first but lost confidence quick with no blow-ups and almost no bait activity. Switched to the gulp-jerk and started getting hits. Caught three specks 19-21" and a 19" red. Not too bad for a short pre-work trip.

Glad you got a few, were you at Sportsman?
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Not at sportsman's... Top secret defcon level-5 spot

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
        Not at sportsman's... Top secret defcon level-5 spot
        LOL.Nice catchin.Congrats
        NK
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I understand about them secret spots. I have one that most people drive by without given a second thought, but it doesn't heat up till summer. I do need to get by there to see if Ike did any damage.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice Job. I can't wait to do some kayakin this summer.

Comment

Took my son out for a little paddle in a 20 knot West wind today at Sportsman. We got a late start, but just wanted to get out and mess around. He didn't even have a fishing license, but he will before the next go round. Caught one flatty that pushed 21", gave him away to another yakker when we was leaving.

Way to get on em early Milkjug! We'll be hitting our TOP SECRET spot Thursday morning....BEFORE the sun rises this time.
              Attached Files
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Cool pics!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice flounder! When I read you took your son out I was thinking he was a young 'un until I saw the pic

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Nice flounder! When I read you took your son out I was thinking he was a young 'un until I saw the pic
                    Hehehehe...22 going on 12!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice job guys, wish I could get out on the water soon.
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                      X