Power-Pole question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-Pole question..

So tomorrow im going to buy my Power Pole and was thinking about getting the sportsman series instead of the pro series because of price. Is there really THAT big of a difference because the website says the sportsman only holds up to a 17' boat and the pro holds a 28'......thats kind of whack.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne.

And my boats a 20'er BTW.
    John Wayne.

Comment

You Might have a warranty issue.

Comment

What do you mean?
        John Wayne.

Comment

I guess he means if it's rated for a 17' boat max and you exceed that using a 20'boat and it breaks, your warranty might be void.
          What's the difference in price?
          I'm curious. Why do you want a power pole? Do you already have a good GPS/sounder?
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I want a power pole so i can get rid of my 300lb anchor that makes the sound of a truck hitting the water. Also if im fishing by my self i wanna be able to be on the trolling motor and anchor down if i need too.
            John Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by RedfishAssassin View Post
              So tomorrow im going to buy my Power Pole and was thinking about getting the sportsman series instead of the pro series because of price. Is there really THAT big of a difference because the website says the sportsman only holds up to a 17' boat and the pro holds a 28'......thats kind of whack.
              Without question, get the pro series. Unless you're not going the be fishing that much, then don't worry. The longevity of the pro series is significant over the sportsman. When comes to PowerPole it's all about the pump. One is standard, one is heavy duty. Also, the pro series is quiet and has the multiple step marine finish. The sportsman is just a anodized finish. Get the remote kit. It is worth the money.

Comment

Go with the Pro: Better Warranty, Pump, and Stronger unit by far.
                Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                4340 19th St.
                Bacliff, Texas 77518
                http://evansmarine.net
                http://boatwerxtx.com
                main@boatwerxtx.com
                281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Man seriously, if money is an issue get yourself a PO-POLE ! This thing is the best feature on my boat it is a shallow water anchor and a push pole. I don't know how many limits of fish I have contributed to this thing.

Comment

I would try a stake out anchor first and see if you like it before spending the money on a power pole. I made one for my 23' Sea Pro and it works great. Cost me about $100 to make two of them. Sold one and broke even.

Comment

Working...
                    X