got my 3 reds 10/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my 3 reds 10/17

Spent a few hours on the ICW this morning and got my limit of reds. Made the trip to bolivar and put in at Stingaree around 8:00 am. Got the last 1/2 pint of shrimp at the bait shop and headed to my spot.

Since the tide moving out along with at decent south east wind, a lot of water was draining form the marsh most of the morning. This made it fairly easy to find some feeding fish. Water was murky but it did not seem to hurt anything.

I had 3 lower slot reds in the box pretty quick and continued to catch and release more. Caught 1 under size trout and 1 flounder that could have stretched but I let him go.

used paddle tail Bass assassins on 1 rod while keeping a live shrimp on the other and caught about equal amounts on each.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mud-Minnow; October 18, 2011, 02:30 PM.

Were you using a slow and steady retrieve on those bass assassins or were they pretty active?

Comment

Nice. I've never fished over there. Looks like fun.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

nice limit.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice fish!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat_Fisherman View Post
            Were you using a slow and steady retrieve on those bass assassins or were they pretty active?
            I almost always use a "jerk and reel" kind of retrieve and since the water was less than 2 ft I was basically bouncing off of the bottom. I did, however have a couple of hits as soon as it hit the water, so I guess you say that's pretty active.

Comment

nice!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sweet.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice color

Comment

great haul.
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                    X