Bolt action .22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt action .22?

Anyone know of a good brand/model of bolt action .22LR? I want to get one for plinking and maybe start squirrel hunting in the Sam Houston National Forest later on.

I moved up from a 22 to a 17HMR. Mine is a Marlin 917VS, but Marlin makes the 925 in 22. I had one of those a while back and it is a squirrel getter. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...tion22/925.asp

Get one and when the season comes back in, you can come up to my place for a weekend of squirrel and rabbit huntin'.
    Last edited by bountyhunter; April 16, 2009, 06:25 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

You want a bolt action or a semi? Personally, I would go with a Ruger 10/22, very accurate, reliable, and a pretty big aftermarket following if you really want to trick it out. If you are set on a bolt, Savage makes a real nice bolt .22, the Mark II. Remington makes a good one, no magazine though if I remember right, just single shot.

Go with the 10/22, great gun!
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I have a single shot stevens 22cal.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Yeah I want a bolt. Had a 10/22 and the thing stovepiped too much . Forgot it behind when Ike flooded my place and it got ruined. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Comment

Get another one!!

Comment

Do ya'll remember the marlin 880sq? Bolt action that came with a bull barrell and was supposedly pretty accurate. I think they don't make them anymore though.

Comment

I'll nail them in the head with the first shot so I don't need a semi

Comment

I'll kill 'em with a rock!

Comment

You would cro-magnan man

Comment

No crows.

Comment

I've heard crow is good to eat. Isn't there a nursery rhyme about 5 and 20 blackbirds in a pie or something?

Comment

Ahh yes....

Comment

Comment

I have heard a lot of real good things about the Mk II by Savage. That seems to be one of the better, more accurate choices out of the bolt guns without spending a paycheck on an Anschutz or something. Look them up, they look pretty good.
                              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                              X