Fly fishing best of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing best of the year

The flyfishing turned on Saturday and continued thru Monday.I have had the best flyfishing of the year these last three days.The flats were covered up with reds that were extremely shallow and HUNGREY ! The three day total was 24 reds and two trout .The reds were between 18 & 24 in. The two trout were 21 & 23 in.I had about 50 to 60 shots at fish each day.The fly of choice was the redfish crack fly.Sorry about not posting pictures,my camera was on loan.
    SKIFFSTIFF

Sounds like a great time. I threw the same fly Sunday & only got 3 hits on it. That fly has some good action to it.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

I just ordered some of EP's new Tarantula Hairy Legs Brush. I think it would work great on the "redfish crack fly" and any other toad-like flies as well as for crabs. I'll post some pics when I tie some up.

Comment

Great report....Hope they stick around for a couple more fronts!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I've been on them too... There are some pigs over in Port Neches area... Makes the 1.5 hour drive well worth it!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice...i've had hits and runs, but still haven't landed a red on the fly yet. Personal goal though.
            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Good report man glad ya got em!! Gotta try out fly fishing never done it before, I know Dawg has told me a little about it but that's it!
              I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

It is my first choice of tackle when setting up a trip.If you like to hunt then sight casting with the fly is for you.
                Skiffstiff

Comment

Working...
                X