live offshore report 10/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live offshore report 10/25

My older bro, Derek, and younger bro, Scotty, just landed a daytime swordfish, it was about 30-40lb so they released it. They just sent down another bait as I type. I couldn't make this trip because I have a test tomorrow. I will post more updates when I hear from them again. I am sure they will post pics later.

awesome
    sigpic

Comment

WTG Derek and Scotty!! You all got them figured out. I hope they get a 150-200#er! I wanna see the pics and vids.

Good luck on the test tomorrow Robert.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sweet catch! How did you hear from them, radio?

Comment

I hope they can post a pic! That is awesome!!
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

That is very cool! Can't wait yo see the pics
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yan- there's an at&t tower on east cerveza so they called me. It works all over the hilltops if you have at&t. Theres also a tower on the 595 rig right by the west flower garden

Comment

My guess would have been sat phone
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

They had a sat phone with them, just don't use it much because its expensive. We also have an epirb and spot

Comment

Originally posted by RSN View Post
                    They had a sat phone with them, just don't use it much because its expensive. We also have an epirb and spot
                    Just leaving globalstar getting an iridium from breakwater next season. Epirb & spot as well.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Here's the pic before I head to sleep....I'll give yall the story tomorrow.Click image for larger version

Name:	scooter derek swordfish 021.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	555778

Comment

Cool Derek. Hoping to see pics of a biggun at 150#s!!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

haha, well I want to bust a nickle (500lb'er), but any sword in Texas is cool.

Comment

Scott and I went on our friend's 22' prokat out of tiki and traveled a total of 246 miles (tiki to hilltops and back). Made it to Sunrise about 10am and were going to try for some bait, but got called off immediately as there were divers in the water working. Decided just to go with what we had on board and made it to the spot about 11am. Made the first drop and no dice, but as soon as the 2nd drop got set, it got knocked around. I started reeling like crazy and we were tight. Landed the fish in about 15-20 min and it was undersized (about 30 lbs). We ended up making 5 drifts total, had a few more knocks but no full on bites. Ran back closer to the shelf about 4pm and loaded up on tiles with the electric reels. Pulled back into tiki right before 10pm, and I am still pumped about landing my first daytimer. We'll be out there at it again soon...

Comment

Nice going Derek!!

Comment

Working...
                              X