Abandon West End- Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandon West End- Thoughts

Robalo, whats the deal on this abandon West End. Rice University study? Opinion?

I claim "DIBBS" on Jamail's Houses in Pirates.

Barrier Islands retreat landward, so anyone that took basic Geology 101 in college, knows about this. The BS about the east end is laughable. They have had sand replenishment done which staved off the erosion to some degree and of course the "Seawall" which someday will just be a dropoff to water with no sand in front of it. I remember back in the 60s as a kid, my Dad (RIP) driving all over the beach and if he could do so today where he drove us in 1960, we'd need a boat or drown. Further, the waste-o-tax-dollars study that any one of us could have written the same sheeet for $25 did not address other Barrier Islands, such as Mustang, Padre, St. Joseph, Matagorda or Bolivar along the Texas Coast which makes one wonder "Why not?". Just like Al Gore (ya know-the guy that INVENTED the internet), said, "The Sky is Falling". This is pure yellow journalism to alarm folks that have no clue or idea on sedimentology and nature's forces.

Like Coe stated in the West End Forum, no way will development end on the west end due to economic reasons alone-take that tax base away, and City of Galveston will have a budget less or equal to Hitchcock or LaMarque-then how would our crooked-azz, corrupt morons (i.e. politicians) make $$$$ if no under the table payments and free trips from the developers happen!! Sheeet, only an honest person would wanna be a politician and that aint gonna happen. If they can build $250,000 houses for homeless folks (which BTW, mine is valued at $130K and I pay $2600/year in taxes, have no kids and pay to support worthless kids that hang out at Occupy Wall Street in Galveston), then why would they not continue to go whole hog for every tax dollar source they can encourage? They historically always have and always will and if 3005 has to be raised 5-10', it will be. Remember when they were gonna build a bridge that crossed West Bay? I think it may happen still. What about the GLO's purchase of Marquette Lands? Ya think the State will abandon its investment of the Schoolchildren of Texas' funds? Not a chance!

My house is on pilings and I have a boat dock, so if water rises, I'll just motor from my buddies place in Harborwalk (mainland, not addressed by Rice Study) to my place in Jam Beach and catch reds in my front and back yards!!

I wonder if the JBPD will use their "Ike funded" boats to give tickets on FM 3005 even though it'll be underwater?
    Last edited by Robalo; October 28, 2011, 09:30 AM.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Thanks for the info! Interesting Forum.

Comment

Working...
        X