Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/30/08 report

6/30 fishing report for Galveston

The only thing I can really say right now is fishing is great!!!!!
    There are two main areas I have been focusing in on lately and both are producing steady Trout action.
    The Galveston Jetties have been producing some good numbers and steady action for my clients not ready or not wanting to do the wading thing. We have taken some really nice Trout free linning shrimp out along the rocks on the channel side. We have even seen a few mixed in Reds from anywhere in the slot and up to 35".
    Lower west Bay continues to produce some topwater action for Trout on the flats. I have seen a steady topwater bite from early morning up until 10am working She Dogs in bone or blue/chrome around rafting Mullet and slicks. We are mainly focusing on sandbar edges and cuts near the pass. JUST BE VERY CAREFUL OF SHARKS!!!!!!!!! They are very thick out there!
    The mid bay reefs in West Bay and Chocolate continue to produce some nice keeper Trout aswell, Bass Assassins in plum or Firetiger bounced alondg the bottom on 1/8 or 1/16 ounce lead heads have accounted for many Trout but nothing really big, 15 to 18" average.

Back to the Sharks. we have been losing some Trout as of late due to these toothy critters. This morning my first 3 Trout including the topwater w/leader were lost. There are some big ones out there right now so be very careful! I'm not one on using a landing net while wading but this morning I sure wish I had one. Watch grabbing those fish with your hands. The ones that I were losing fish to this morning were in the 4 to 6' range.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

how's your moto go?... "Saltwater pimpin' aint easy"... We've seen the sharks from the air aqua... they are thick! Was thinking about walking that area for some flounder this weekend with my Dad. Thanks for the report...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the info. My Father and I are going to try and hit west tomorrow.. I only have one topwater so I will try and throw it.. My dad might take me somewhere to look at some today so i'm making a list.
      Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by ynggun View Post
        Thanks for the info. My Father and I are going to try and hit west tomorrow.. I only have one topwater so I will try and throw it.. My dad might take me somewhere to look at some today so i'm making a list.

Have you read Aqua's article he wrote? This will give you valuable insite on West Bay.

http://forum.fishwestend.com/showthread.php?t=122

Its always good to make a list of lures to be thrown. Good luck and let us know how you do. Remember bring a camera!!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Have you read Aqua's article he wrote? This will give you valuable insite on West Bay.

http://forum.fishwestend.com/showthread.php?t=122

Its always good to make a list of lures to be thrown. Good luck and let us know how you do. Remember bring a camera!!

Wow thats a very informative article... I have a list of lures. Some from what I learned and some from asking a few people taht fish west and I have a shopping list.

I hope fully won't forget the camera.. The actual date is up in the air... But at the latest Monday. But I wil let ya'll know when I get back.
          Last edited by Primer; July 2, 2008, 04:45 PM.
          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

a few proven topwaters that work really well and are always in my wading box

1) the bone Super Spook Jr. This is one little awesome bait.
            2) Blue back chrome She Dog
            3) chartruse back/pearl side/chartreuse belly She Dog
            4) bone/chrome/bone She Dog
            5) chartreuse back/silver side/pearl belly Super Spook.

These are my favorite 5. They work!!!! Make sure you post a report and good luck.

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

One of my favorite topwaters is the old red and white, in any brand. I have always had good luck with those. And anything in the "dog" brand family too.

Comment

Working...
              X