Back From Baffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back From Baffin

Went down to Baffin Bay with my brother-in-law last Wed. through Saturday to stay on our friends cabin. Packed all the dry ice, containers of gas, lots of food and libations. We loaded up the 19' Shoalwater at Bird Island State Park and headed south. Let me tell you, it was windy like no other! Long boat ride in crazy weather. The winds howled the whole trip, somtimes at 30-40 mph, and rainy at times, but we made the most of it. We did quite of bit of running the first day to locate fish, but we finally found good concentrations of bait, which we keyed on. Due to the weather we pretty much had the place to ourselfs. The water temp. was in the mid 70's, so we stuck with Topwaters most of the time. On one flat I got two 28's and I watched my brother-in-law lose a monster trout. He also lost what appeared to be a 29" trout at the net. I also lost a possible career trout that spit the hooks. All the big trout we caught got released. We also found the Reds as well, which was a bonus. It was fun to have the topwater bite going again.

Last edited by WestEndAngler; April 19, 2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: Fixing [IMG] file

Sounds like yall had an awesome trip.. Those are some real nice trout, thanks for the report

Comment

Nice trout! sound like a good trip with some nice pictures and stories to go with it

Comment

Man I hope that action holds until May 22. Nice report...glad y'all got on em!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I like that stringer material...those custom made?
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Awesome trip....Looks like lots of fun!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice fish and great report. Im headed downthereon the 30th.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Those are some awesome fish, thanks for posting and sharing the story. Nice pics too.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Very nice catch.Congrats
                  NK
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Very nice!!!!! Good look'n fish Mell

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                      FF,

That stringer is custom made.....I believe it is some sort of poly/rubber material (not a fish slick). My buddy picked it up for me at the fishing show. It is a great stringer....I hope I never lose it.

Comment

Right on!
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Wow! Nice fish and report Mel.
                          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post

If I remember the website, I'll pass it to you so you can get one. Pretty cool stringers.

Comment

Working...
                              X