4/19 Rough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/19 Rough!!

Headed out Sunday morning about 9 (saw Kenny-he was on way back in). Tried north shore line. Water color was fair, green sandy. Nothing there. Wind was building from 15-20 to 20+. Moved to protected cove on south shore. 1 rat red, lost one rat red, 1 18+" spanny mac, 1 dink trout, lost 1 keeper flounder next to boat. Wet ride back to Jamaica Beach about 2 pm. Bay was off color by now. Brother's boat had several rat reds and 1 keeper flounder-we tandemed but he hit different area in protected cove. Was really rough. Poker game lasted late Friday night and resumed saturday night-got lucky and broke even. Beer was good and cold. Fishing was bad. Tides came over my bulkhead twice in 2 hour period on Saturday and streets were completely under water. Lawn was the only thing that enjoyed saturday-dang heavy rains!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Too much wind and too much fresh water never a good combo, but atleast we tried. Better than sitting on the couch watching the tube! Better luck next time. Wish I was wading the surf this morning, man is it flat.

Comment

At least you made it out on the water Robalo... Got some hook ups too! I'm still recovering from the wedding weekend in Brenham
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the post! Boy, I keep looking out the window wondering why am I working today?
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

You were fishin..........I dont get any better.
            "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
              Thanks for the post! Boy, I keep looking out the window wondering why am I working today?
              To support your weekend habits at least that's what I tell myself
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You got that right! You have to pay to play!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                X