12 ain't my number - couldn't make it happen this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 ain't my number - couldn't make it happen this morning

I took my 11 yo son out in the kayak this morning. We launched at Louis' at 6:15am and fished the marsh west of Highland Bayou near the RR bridge. We saw zip - no birds, no bait, no fish. The marsh was eerily devoid of activity.

My son hooked a 14 1/2" flounder just south of the RR bridge and he 'released' it while trying to pick it up into the boat. I fished a number of soft plastics. He fished a 3" Gulp natural shrimp.

I knew I might be in trouble when I checked the morning weather and it was blowing SW at 22 on the jetty. Tide was up like yesterday. Water was clear. The tide was dropping hard and the wind blew 20+ the whole time we were out. Not too bad in the marsh but tough to hold position.

We had fun spending the morning together but I am a little disappointed I didn't put him on some fish. After 'hookin em in da face' yesterday, I was sure I could put my son on some fish today. I probably jinxed it last night when I sharpened my filet knife!

Hope somebody got into them today. Sounded like the duckmen did well this morning. Heard a lot of shooting at first light. We'll get 'em next time.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Better luck next time. At least it was time well spent.
    I fish with my 11 yr old son all the time, if you ever want to get together shoot me a pm.

Comment

At least y'all were out there!
      My special jinx is when I fill the cooler with ice! LOL!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good times with the kiddo and he will put a Whoopin' on ya next time. Thanks for the report!

Comment

Working...
        X