Teaching a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching a newbie

Took a customer of mine out for his first saltwater trip & to teach him how to use plastics. I started the morning with a few sand trout, then he picked up a few after watching me work the lure, he caught on pretty quick with catching a 21" speck a few minutes later. Then alot of sand trout for awhile, he said they were just jumping on the hook as he was catching one on almost every cast. Then I hook in a speck that was almost 25", he laughed & said you had to beat me. Then we started to catch trout around 15" to 17" ,then I hook into a 21" red, I was thinking about handing him the pole to feel the fight of the red. Then a few minutes later he hooks into a speck that was close to 24". All & all a good day to get a newbie on the water for a great experience that he will remember for a long time.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0269.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	570672Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0268-1-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	570673
    Today is a new day!!

Good report those are some nice fish. Phone got wet gonna give you a call today.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

WTG Don!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great job Don. I should have listed to you and fished where you told me.

Comment

Nice! Good for showing somebody the saltwater addiction!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Way to go Don great post.

Comment

Good one Dawg

Comment

That's so exciting!! I wish i had someone shooing me the ropes!! I'm having to learn the hard way with no luck and ALL of my July was spent at my father's bedside in the hospital after his quadruple bypass.... I'm not complaining or anything, just saying that all these stories and pictures are really inspiring!!! i'll be out there soon enough though!!

SAVE SOME FOR MEEEE!!!

-Marco

Comment

God will bless you for taking care of your Dad its what we are suppose to do.God will also bless you with fishing information where do you fish bro.

Comment

Way to go Dawg!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks Curmudgeon!! I'm sure glad someone understands..

I haven't really found a niche in fishing... but I'm trying kayak fishing!! And while yak fishing, if no fish are caught, at least i get a good workout =D

-Marco

Comment

i hope there's a mullet under that cap

Comment

Working...
                        X