video of 2 swordfish murders from this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video of 2 swordfish murders from this summer

on board the Donaken. We caught two swords in one night, then got some rest for a long day of marlin fishing the next day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV54UInWWvg

Hysterical commentary! Great vid!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great vid Robert!! You all kick butt!! I'm ready whenever you are!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Boat is getting an oil change right now. Just waiting on the weather

Comment

Mine is finished being fixed by Bryan Evans-what a nice guy-a lotta work-port motor was acting up-he went thru the sucker and figured it all out, plus new water pumps, etc. Of course my boat wouldn't make a 70 mile trip unless we took paddles and had the correct wind to blow us back to San Luis Pass!!! My 120 gallon tank would make 120 miles at most.

Let me know-I can break out pretty much anytime except Mondays and Fridays (darn meetings)!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

At least your ride will be ready for the spring time. We just need the wind to stop blowing. I'm going to have a lot of free time in the coming month with this semester coming to an end. Derek should get some time off with the holidays too. When we go, we are just going to make a mad dash to our daytimer spot (90 miles or so), hope you're ready to do some cranking, we don't use electrics. Yes, we travel 90 miles offshore, then repeatedly send our bait down 2000ft with a conventional reel just to "fish"...at first I was opposed to daytime swordfishing because it sounded unattainable/too hard, but now it's all I want to do. It's the most bad@ss bite you'll ever see. Derek has been on 5 daytime-sword trips and hooked atleast one sword on each trip, I was there for 3 of the trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Mine is finished being fixed by Bryan Evans-what a nice guy-a lotta work-port motor was acting up-he went thru the sucker and figured it all out, plus new water pumps, etc. Of course my boat wouldn't make a 70 mile trip unless we took paddles and had the correct wind to blow us back to San Luis Pass!!! My 120 gallon tank would make 120 miles at most.

Let me know-I can break out pretty much anytime except Mondays and Fridays (darn meetings)!

My 110 GA tank on the 22' Robalo w/ 250 Yamaha gets 2.5 MPG. I run 180-200 MI round trip without gas getting low.

Robert sick video, great commentary!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe: Mine is twin 2003 carbed merc 115s and my boat is a 1987 model 23 CC and weighs about 5700 pounds-add me and 2 guys and our beer and ice and I am getting about 1 mpg-without the beer and ice, I'd prolly get 2-4 mpg -Ha Ha!!! Your Robalo is the newer version (darn nice) and doesn't have the weight or tank-like feel. Plus those Mercs are carbed and not very efficient motors like your 4 stroke yammie. I wish I had 4 strokes, but as it is, the aft end already sits like a butt-shot duck in the water due to the weight of the twins (and I had Mike Gilley-makes Gulf Coast Boats - rebuild the transom with the twins-he did a heck of a job and coordinated with Fred at Redwing to make sure the engines sat right and transom height-great folks the Gilleys and Fred)

Comment

Coe- if you do go that far, just leave your 250 running. I've been on a trip where we ran some yammy 250s for 36 hours straight, those 250s love to run. We always run our verados for 24 hours straight when we go overnight.

Comment

Your Hull is capable, we go off the shelf in our 24ft. It all depends on how much punishment YOU can take. "If you're going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Comment

Ha Ha-I don't think yall fit the dumb category-ya run a whaler with twins, ya bring all the safety stuff and ya know what you're doing!

Comment

Working...
                      X