Drum Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Bay

Well woke up early and decided that it was time for me to go fishing. I have not been in some time so I was excited to say the least. The hour and half drive gave me plenty of time to decide how I was going to spend my day. Flounder crossed my mind for about 20 seconds the my mind switched to what I always target, Redfish. I wanted away from as many others than I could get and checked out Drum Bay. A few duck hunters and that was about it. Water was crystal clear and I could smell a good day of redfishing to come. Tested the water and did not even put waders on. Walking out to a reef I like to fish I picked up first a 19" red followed by 19.5" RED AND THEN BY A 15 sandtrout. I was talking to myself thinking please don't let it be like this the rest of the day. Once I made it to the reef things picked up nicely. I landed 9 slot reds between 21 to 28and I kept my limit of 3 a 24", 25" and
    26". I got some redfish on the halfshell now. Legs a bit tired this morning and my right shoulder is a bit sore I guess I am a bit out of shape. Great day on the water and I am not going to wait so long between trips again. Go get them while you can.

Chongo

Nice report.
    Don’t wait so long between fishing trips, it’s bad for you health.

Comment

I have a honey hole there in drum bay I kill them in there during the winter

Comment

Great report.....Get back out there!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report
          You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

WTG! Thanks for the report.

Comment

Good job

Comment

WTG!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great day ! Dont forget to cut out the throats and grill you some 'salt water quail' while you are cooking the Reds. Those things are my secret and never leave the grill area...

Comment

LIAR!
                    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
                      LIAR!
                      You dang Mud Duck!! It is not my fault you can't carry your tired old butt out to go fish anymore since I moved away. I will call you next time although I know you won't go.

Comment

Working...
                      X