Some Flyfishing & Some Darkside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Flyfishing & Some Darkside

Saturday,Sunday,& Monday all offered me a chance to get out and fish.Saturday was windy,cloudy,& misty/fog so I went out and fished the South shore coves/bayou with DARKSIDE TACKLE(hardware).Turned out to be a good day of catching.12 Trout,3 Reds, & 1 Flounder.Sunday started out windy & cloudy so I started with hardware until the sun broke thru and then switched over to fly tackle.3 reds & 2 trout on skitterwalk,and two reds on the fly(redfish crack).Monday it was clear skies & wind building to 25mph.I stayed with the fly and had about 35 shots at reds and two trout but only caught two reds and one long line release on a big red.She broke the leader about 5 minutes into the tug of war.You just can't complain when you get to fish 3 days and catch fish on every trip.I only got a couple of pics but they were not worth publishing,it was just to much wind to deal with.
    SKIFFSTIFF

Great report...
    sigpic

Comment

Good report. Thanks. Nothing wrong with putting three quality trips together.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Good job finding fish everytime.

Comment

Good report. I'm still looking to land my first saltwater fish on the fly. I just have a hard time putting down the conventional gear when i'm on em.
          You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Originally posted by JFD94 View Post
            Good report. I'm still looking to land my first saltwater fish on the fly. I just have a hard time putting down the conventional gear when i'm on em.
            I had the same problem, one day I just took the fly rod only, my buddy made fun of me for it until I had a limit of flounder & he got skunked.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Yea, that's really what I need to do. I always have it with me when I'm on the kayak fishing shallow for reds, I just don't give it enough time. But that's exactly how I learned to use it. I only took the fly rod with me when i went fishing in nearby ponds while my friends had conventional gear.
              You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

You need to get some practice for the Dec 3rd fly fish tourney
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

Wish I could get out 3 times in one week.....jealous! Thanks for the report.
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                  X