Lean Post Ideer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean Post Ideer

I was reading threads about needing to take extra fuel on long trips and the though came to me. I am pretty good with woodwork and and messing around with Fiberglass. I am wondering if I bought and Auxiliary enclosed gas tank 10 -20 gallons, Build that into the lean post and run a approved hose to the main fuel tank.

I just dont see the need for the 2 captains chairs that are currently on my deck.

Any thoughts on this? Does this already exsist?
    NoBama

Interesting thought... You'd have to build a tray / support system that can be secured via grade 8 bolts thru the floor proper washers etc. You can use a strap to hold it firmly in place. That's how Unclehandy's tank is secured on his Shoalwater... It would work as an auxilary 18-20 GA or more depending upon how big your going to build the leaning post.

You may want to look into the fuel bladders and just do a leaning post with a cooler under it or something a little easier.

Why not use a hand pump to remove the gas from your AUX to the main tank as opposed to having it feed directly from it.

The fuel bladder you can hook up your fuel line run that dry then hook it back up to your main tank to begin pulling from it.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I think thats a good idea, and wouldn't be too difficult to design.

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
        I was reading threads about needing to take extra fuel on long trips and the though came to me. I am pretty good with woodwork and and messing around with Fiberglass. I am wondering if I bought and Auxiliary enclosed gas tank 10 -20 gallons, Build that into the lean post and run a approved hose to the main fuel tank.

I just dont see the need for the 2 captains chairs that are currently on my deck.

Any thoughts on this? Does this already exsist?
        Here's a link I found...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
        X