Curado 200E v Same year Citica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curado 200E v Same year Citica

Seems like recently there has been a lot of questions about reel A v reel B. I regularly do a 100% tear down of my Curado 200E. Before the Curado, I bought a couple Citicas as my gateway drug from spinning to baitcasters and they are now mainly used as parts for the Curado.

Up until a few months ago, I did a 25%-50% breakdown of the curado and did not know there was a main drive shaft ball bearing under the gears.

I discovered the main drive bearing only after having a really hard time cranking. Turns out, the thing was 100% rusted and corroded inside its seat. I had to rip out the shaft with force grips, a lot of deep creep and a hope that I wouldnt break the frame. It came out in 10 pieces and within 2 minutes, replaced the entire drive shaft assembly from an old citica (bushings, shaft etc) and had the reel back to 100% in 10 minutes.

The citica is to the curado what apes are to humans... we share 99% of our DNA yet we are very advanced.

Things I noticed:
    The Citica and the Curado 200E share the same, exact frame. Dont believe me? check out the attached picture. On the inside, it is stamped "09CU201", the same thing that is stamped on my Curado.

everything is the exact same except:

1) the spool (which you can interchange, I have 2 citica spools and my 1 curado spool with different test line for easy swap)
    2) main drive shaft bearing in Curado (that is the most exposed and likely to fail bearing)
    3) star drag piece (plastic on Citica, alum on Curado)
    4) Handlegrips (the biggest difference)

same:
    frame, inside workings, drag washers, bearings etc

Maybe this is not news to any of yall, but I thought Id shareClick image for larger version

Name:	citicacurado.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	570794

Very interesting!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

yup i knew most of that the trick is to just buy a cit ca and upgrade the plastic pieces with the parts at cost from the 200 e7 also the g series curado's use some fo the same stuff in the e series stuff
      75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSpoonGeneral View Post
          yup i knew most of that the trick is to just buy a cit ca and upgrade the plastic pieces with the parts at cost from the 200 e7 also the g series curado's use some fo the same stuff in the e series stuff
          Exactly. All parts are interchangeable. I guess i have a ciradoIm interested to see if the "new" chronarch has the same imprint. Shimano does a good job of disguising the stamp.

Comment

already seen one its an e7 frame modified i think also its got pretty much the same internals..... new paint job is about it if shimano was still made in japan instead of Malaysia i would buy their products.....
            75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Since that bearing does not effect casting, I always put a liberal amount of shimano grease or the green corrosion x all over it. I've actually replaced the bearing to a bushing on some of my ch50mg's.

Comment

Also, it's good idea to put some of the red corrosion x on the pinion bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                  Since that bearing does not effect casting, I always put a liberal amount of shimano grease or the green corrosion x all over it. I've actually replaced the bearing to a bushing on some of my ch50mg's.
                  Good advice. I filled the seat with superlube before inserting the citica bushing. That seat is a rust trap.Plus, the orig bearing doesnt really help, considering the extreme play between the gears.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSpoonGeneral View Post
                    already seen one its an e7 frame modified i think also its got pretty much the same internals..... new paint job is about it if shimano was still made in japan instead of Malaysia i would buy their products.....
                    Id put money on it being the same. I played with one at academy the other day and it felt, looked, sounded the axact same as my e201. Hell, you can see from my pic that the citica is just painted silver... why not paint it white and call it a chronarch. The new chron even has the same plastic drive shaft screw down plate!

Comment

This is a good link if you really wana get into your reel.

Comment

Yea all reel companies do this usually it's to offer a quality product at a lower cost but shimano in their Japanese wisdom have found away to stamp new on their 2010 line of products.... In the case of the citca it makes sense cheaper reel with more inexpensive parts but still keep style as the curado

Comment

Working...
                        X