4/22 W. Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/22 W. Bay

Milkjug, his friend John and I hit them early this morning. Not too bad we all caught some fish. Mr. Milkjug produced a nice SLAM very quickly to put a hurting on John and myself. Not sure of the final count, but I know he got at least 2 reds, 1 trout and a flounder. John had caught a red and flounder before he had to leave and I ended up only landing 2 rat reds... I lost 3 flounder but one of them hurt really bad as it was a really big girl and I had her next to the yak in no time. I saw her, she saw the yak, game over. Not sure what John was throwing, but Milkjug and I were both tossing gulp jerk shads. Green and orange seemed to be what they wanted, I did have one flounder on a new penny. Sorry the pic aren't that great, my cheap yak camera isn't the greatest

1. Milkjug fighting his big Red.
    2. Red landed.
    3. One of my rats
    The rest of the pics I took didn't turn out good enough to see anything.
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Thanks for the report!

Comment

excellent

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Nice report.Congrats
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

great report!!! pics told the story well enough!....looks like a fun trip....one of these days, I'm hoping to get a yak.

Comment

The winds weren't too bad to start out this morning and the water was in great shape. The wind had really started kicking by the time we called it quits and of course that last part of the paddle was right straight into it....

Meant to put in the first post that I was good to meet Milkjug FTF and really enjoyed fishing with him. He is a great guy to spend a morning fishing with and I look forward to the next time we can get together.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Thanks man, nice to put a face to the name.

We had a good trip. Both of us lost nice fish and I managed to catch a flounder, two reds (20&24), and speck to round out the slam.

Winds picked up towards the end of the morning, but the water clarity was OK in the bay.

The bigger red. This fish was FAT.

Kept some fish for the frying pan

Comment

Nice report Fellas. It's good to have the SE Wind back.
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice on the texas trio!

Comment

Nice work guys
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job!

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
                          Nice on the texas trio!
                          There's the Florida Trio and then there's the Texas Slam... Think you go it backwards...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

good job, nice pics!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              There's the Florida Trio and then there's the Texas Slam... Think you go it backwards...

Its also known as the texas trio!

Comment

Working...
                              X