Fishing the lights - any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the lights - any suggestions?

I was thinking about fishing the lights either tomorrow night or this weekend, does anybody know of a good spot around Terramar?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Not real familiar with the night lights that far out, but anywhere there are bay houses and underwater lights, there are usually fish. I usually hit the lights in jamaica, pirates, and lafites. I am sure there are some out your way though.

Comment

We actually have two underwater lights a couple of houses down from us on the canal, so maybe I will just grab a few beers and try it out. BTW, do you use topwater or shrimp? I was thinking about trying some gulp under a popping cork, but not sure if they will like it.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Try throwin' paddle tails in Glow or Spec Rigs. Corkys also work pretty well because you can keep them in the light longer fishing them slow.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I fished the lights in Jamaica a ton last summer. Throw something light that wont make a loud splash. Those trout are really spooky and dont like big heavy jigs thrown at them. Go to FTU and pick up a couple of yozuri 3d minnows in the white color. Those lures are awesome and are really easy to use. As for bait, live shrimp works good, so do really small finger mullet.

Comment

Thanks for the input and I will let you know how it goes.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Run down to Jamaica Beach and fish the lights at Coe's Place. I am sure he won't mind the company. You can take the boat down there and fish all the lights in the canals.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'd come down this way we have wide canals for easy fishing. A lot of lights are back on. Corky's were the ticket few weekends ago... I always try paddle tails or speck rigs.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                  I fished the lights in Jamaica a ton last summer. Throw something light that wont make a loud splash. Those trout are really spooky and dont like big heavy jigs thrown at them. Go to FTU and pick up a couple of yozuri 3d minnows in the white color. Those lures are awesome and are really easy to use. As for bait, live shrimp works good, so do really small finger mullet.
                  You are going to freak out when you see the price for those Yozuris ($8-$9) but bite the bullet and get a couple. They are well worth it. This is one lure you don't want to hang on someone's dock
                  XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Sounds like Yozuris is a Japanese lure For $8-$9 per, It better catch a monster the first time I throw it. I will throw what I have in the bag for now, since I recently purchased a large amount of tackle, because of IKE.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I'm on first name basis with everyone at FTU here in Houston. Academy gives me the Employee discount even
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I gave one to my neighbor and one his first cast caught a 22" trout lol

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                          I gave one to my neighbor and one his first cast caught a 22" trout lol
                          Yesss I did... and many more followed it! hahahahaah

I've also had a lot of luck with a smaller lighter 3" soft plastic with 1/8 jig head and florocarbon. The presentation is soft in the water and allows me to swim it right through any bait that circling without disturbing them too much. When it makes it out the other side they think they have a bait that's broke formation and wham! If that doesn't work then work your lure just on the outside of the light where it's getting dark. They hang out there and ambush bait too.
                          Last edited by Race1Mopar; April 23, 2009, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Spec Rigs work ridiculously well in the lights!

Comment

I like anything glow in the dark. Grubs, shad, DOA shrimp, speck rigs

Comment

Working...
                              X