Clear All

• 4/22/09 report

4/22/09 West Bay report

Weather: Clear
    Wind: 15 gusting to 20 out of the west
    Water temp: 68 to 70
    Water clarity: 6 to 8"
    Tides: running about 2 below normal

Fishing the last few days have been fair at best. Westerly winds have really roughed up the lower end of West Bay and made for some tough fishing conditions. Not a whole lot of places to seek wind protection from a west wind. My better most consistant bite has still been over shell pads. most of the fish are comming in about 3 to 4' of water on soft plastic Saltwater Assassins rigged on 1/8 ounce lead heads. We have been catching a few on assorted topwaters but not many. The choppy off-colored water has made for a weak topwater bite over shell pads. Slowly worked soft plastic baits are paying off with some solid Trout to 24". Tuesday we had 11 to 12 nice Trout and two upper slot Reds on a mix of plum Assassins and blue/chrome She Dogs. While on Wednesday we struggled with 8 or 9 Trout, all comming on Assassins. The San Luis Pass areas is holding alot of bait and things are right here. Once these winds back off the fishing will be on fire here. I made a run through some of my usual spots around the pass on Tuesday and the areas were loaded with bait, just the areas were very muddy to fish. Looking at the forecast the winds look like they will be sticking around through the weekend.

TIGHT LINES
    AQUA PIMP
    Attached Files
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Nice report and catching.Congrats
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report Pimp!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

You have to like all them fish lined up on the dock, nice report!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report, good looking fish

Comment

Good report AP.....

Comment

much appreciated
              Boats and hoes.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I just got back into town and am itching to get back on the water. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks again AP.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Lookin' good! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Great Report and pics there AP. Thanks for the info. Keep it up!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice work Greg.

Man, Confederate Reef is on FIRE!!!!
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Menhaden have been spotted in the bay small size but you know them trout love 'em!

Excellent work Capt!
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report, thanks! I think all of us are looking forward to some light SE winds.
                          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Thanks for the report. Im fine with it blowing right now, but when I finish up w/school here in about 2 weeks they better lay down!

Comment

Nice report Greg! Do you have any openings in the near future?

Comment

Working...
                              X