Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rig Locations

Guys,

Is there any maps or websites that give the new platform placements from Galveston to say Matagorda. Maybe GPS cords... I know I can see some of them from the Galveston Jetties, but I don't know the distance or their range. GPS cords would tell me in an instant.

Thanks in advance...
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

If you can see them when your on the water they are less than 9NM away. I've come to realize that from my CC leaning post I can see 9NM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Rigs move around all the time but they are reported. Be interested to see what everyone has to say... I use Hilton's online though during Snapper Season.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Go to gomr.mms.gov You can get pipeline and platform locations from their website (Minerals Management Service of the DOI). I used to have OWL (offshore lease and well) which was in map form and you could turn on and off info and get all the pipelines, tie-in taps and platforms, ages, # of piles, whether manned or unmanned, lat lon, etc, old well sites-the old wells by Humble and Freeport McMoran are the best-back in the 60s and 70s you didn't have to do site clearance, so lots of stubs were left sticking up as well as trash piles (washers and dryers, cable-whatever tossed overboard).

Just remember that everything is in NAD 27 Datum and you need to convert to WGS84 or you're off several hundred feet-don't matter with existing platforms, but does with old well sites and pipeline taps. Pipeline taps are generally covered with matting, but will "hump" from the ocean bed.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X