Got on 'em pretty good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got on 'em pretty good...

Met up with my buddy Mark out of Jamaica Beach at 6:50 ish this morning. Wind was blowing about a million out of the east. I had planned to fish Confederate but with the winds we decided to find some semblance of cover and went to Greens. That east wind got me SOAKED to the bone on the ride across. Like an idiot I wore only my Frog Tog top...wind's not blowing that hard right? What kind of sissy needs the pants too? This kind. Anyway we got to a spot and started throwing. Mark was using live shrimp and I was tossing paddle tails. He hooked two nice fish early going about 17" to my zero and that was all the abuse I could take being out fished by him and all so I grabbed another rod, baited up, and hooked up...a bunch. We caught more fish than I could keep up with retaining 18 specs, a couple of sandies, and Mark kept a sheep. Caught many many little guys 12" - 14". Pic of me holding is a fatty who measured a tad over 20" And heavy. Haven't caught too many over 20 since the spring (I think four) so I was über pumped about her. We were done and in by noon. On the way in Mark wanted to put up the gull wings so he wouldn't get wet which I of course would have no part of...I took it going out he can take it going in...fat bastage drove extra slow with a smile on his face to stay dry...I think I'll push him in the canal sometime next time I see him.

sigpic

Nice catch!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

great job!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great job and good report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice report
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

WTG!
              Resident Ninja

Comment

Looks like fun! I'm still at work!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice we drifted Confederate and picked up 1 22" trout a 15" flounder and a rat red.Ran over and fished the old barge dock by Carancawa (sp.?) and picked up 8 more trout barely 15".

Comment

Great report Brad.....glad you got into em!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice catch! I dont really fish Greens till Jan but i guess they are there already.

Comment

that sounds good to me! the wind was brutal. we did a lot worse than y'all.
                        Scott
                        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                        X