• Show
Clear All

• Stringer Spike Sheath from Grind Terminal Tackle

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spike sheath1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	570873
    We are proud to introduce our latest product in the Grind wade gear products. The Grind Spike Sheath is designed to provide a safe and convenient place to attached a wade stringer to a kayak, wade belt or other wading attire. It can only be used with solid stringer spikes from 1/8"OD to 1/4"OD. The Quick Release mechanism is made of entirely corrosion resistent materials and is very light weight. It includes a rotating plastic clasp which can be used on a "D" ring or eyelet of a kayak as well as a belt loop which will accomodate up to a 1 1/2" wide belt.
    Wade fishing in itself can present some potential hazards that any fisherman may over look in anticipation of preparing to have a day in and on the water. We always advise folks to never tie a stringer to their person in the event Mr. Sharkie or porpoise tries to steal a meal. One would certainly not want to be pulled off their feet with chest waders on in chest high water. A simple push downward releases the spike from the sheath disengauging the stringer.
    I have attached a photo, a write-up and the instructions. Most China made stringer spikes are 5/16" which will not
    work with our devise. Simply measure across the width of the spike that you have and if it's larger than 1/4", sorry no go! We are offering combo prices for the sheath purchased with a Grind stringer.
    Please feel free to e mail me at grindtt@yahoo.com or call if you have any additional questions.

"Get Your Grind On"!Click image for larger version

Name:	Spike Sheath Instructions.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	570875Click image for larger version

Name:	Spike Sheath Write Up.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	570874
    sigpic

What's the retail?
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Another well thought out product with quality in mind.
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

The sheath by itself is $22.98 but we are reducing the price of the sheath and a stringer if both are purchased. Keep in mind with any new product the initial cost is higher than we like. I am planning on getting a mold made that will reduce my manufacturing time and cost of which we will certainly pass on to our customers. Unfortunately, it may take 6-8 months and many dollars before we can make that happen. We are not aware of anything like this on the market and many customers have told us they do not use wade belts or even if they do, the spike pocket may be loose so they tie a loop as back-up. That is just not a safe practice.....I hope this helps!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going to get one but not sure if i need another stringer.lol.Are most spikes 1/4 inch? This looks like the ticket in the surf.

Comment

Take a ruler and measure across the spike that you have. If it is larger than 1/4" then we won't work. The stringers that I know won't work are the Foreverlast and Fish N Hunt. I will try and find out from some of the other stringer folks and post up when I find out something. Just measure it though and that should tell you.
            sigpic

Comment

I think my stinky pants will work but my others will not.

Comment

Originally posted by midickey View Post
                Take a ruler and measure across the spike that you have. If it is larger than 1/4" then we won't work. The stringers that I know won't work are the Foreverlast and Fish N Hunt. I will try and find out from some of the other stringer folks and post up when I find out something. Just measure it though and that should tell you.

dang. All I have now is the Fish-N-Hunt stringer but I like this contraption.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Nice rig!
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I found out two more stringer folks that their spike will work with our sheath. The Hookset stringer will work and the Fish Slicks stringer will work. If anyone has a Stinky Pants, could you measure across the spike and see if it is greater than 1/4" and let me know?
                      Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Bought the complete 12 footer at the show and never looked back! great worthwhile wading tool
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Stinky pant's work fine with the spike sheath Mike.awesome product!

Comment

Awesome!! I love mine!!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I think I might know what my next purchase will be...

Comment

Working...
                              X