Boat Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Paint

I'm in the process of cleaning up my shallowsport some and I was thinking I would like to paint the sides a gray color. Has anyone had any experiance with painting just the sides, the bottom will stay white. I was wondering what the best paint was because there are many out there. If you know someone that does this type work... give me a shout and I'll give them a call for a quote.

Thanks
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

My buddy and member on this site has repainted the entire hull of his Fountain... I think his user name is "sizirk"
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      My buddy and member on this site has repainted the entire hull of his Fountain... I think his user name is "sizirk"
      What? J/K, I'll see if he returns pm's. Thanks Coe!
      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I don't think the server is sending e-mail notifications of PM's right now we've been having issues with the e-mail server for the site not sending new member notifications and PM notifications... I'll shoot you a PM w/ his e-mail addy.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

If you go and trade it in then the new one can come painted whatever color you want lol...

On a more serious note, I have no idea, but it doesn't sound like an easy job by any means to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
            If you go and trade it in then the new one can come painted whatever color you want lol...

On a more serious note, I have no idea, but it doesn't sound like an easy job by any means to do it right.
            Although I don't doubt my ability...I'm sure it would look better if a professional did it.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

a friend of mine does vinyl he covered his golf cart in black! it looked shiny and slick! im gonna cover the sides of my carolina skiff with it. its an alternitive to paint. his # is 281 814 2186 anthony.
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                a friend of mine does vinyl he covered his golf cart in black! it looked shiny and slick! im gonna cover the sides of my carolina skiff with it. its an alternitive to paint. his # is 281 814 2186 anthony.
                I have seen the vinyl done on many boats. It looks really clean and is really easy to apply! Good idea!

Comment

Capt Jay over on the other board did his Explorer. I priced the 3m vinyl...pretty cheap like $100 should be enough. Still It won't look good covering the whole side and thats what I wanted originally. I'm gonna talk to a few fiberglass guys and see what they think.
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I have used a paint gun and sprayed kilz with color added. It stuck fine for many many years. It was also very cheap compared to expensive hull paint. Just rub a real fine grit sand paper and it works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
                      I have used a paint gun and sprayed kilz with color added. It stuck fine for many many years. It was also very cheap compared to expensive hull paint. Just rub a real fine grit sand paper and it works very well.
                      I want a nice shiny look like Seaweeds got on that baby cat, but in a silver gray color...which will also match my truck. Gotta style baby...style!

You better respond to all my post Handy...I'm pulling away again.
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Just spend some cash and wrap that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                          Just spend some cash and wrap that sucker.
                          With what...I'm not sponsered???
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

the vinyl im speaking of is very slick and shiny!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                              the vinyl im speaking of is very slick and shiny!
                              3M stuff? Is there a link?
                              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                              X