Gumbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumbo

Hey do any of you have a great recipe for a gumbo? I would like to learn how to make one and I never have.

Lurefisher makes the best gumbo around hands down!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I made this recipe on Friday for a Christmas Party. It got gobbled up.

Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

http://www.gumbocooking.com/seafood_gumbo.html
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Here we go again ,you have to have a seafood stock ,then a roux go buy the cook book louisianna kitchen by paul pruhhdohme
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You can skip a lot of time by doing the roux in the microwave just zap it for a min at a time 'til you get it just right.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You can buy roux already made, but that's cheatin'. Make sure you have onion, celery, and bell pepper.
              Beandaddy

Comment

It's pretty easy the way chef paul taught me,flour and oil eqau parts then cook on a high heat and d't stop stirring,once you ge it as dark as you can turn the fire off and add the trinity and that stops the cooking of the roux while cooks the trinity then your ready to mix that with your roux

Comment

It's called trilogy, not trinity. "Onion, celery, and bell pepper". Roux needs to be as dark as an old penny.
                  Beandaddy

Comment

ok Bean., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_trinity_(cuisine)

Comment

Working...
                    X