4/26 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/26 Report

Fished Sunday morning hoping for a great bite, however what I discovered was emmense Bull Tides and scattered fish. I tried many of the usual spots from Dana's all the way down to Bird Island Cove. The tides appeared 2' above normal. What was clearly evident was the lack of bait, other than the glass minows out just beyond the shorelines. Slicks were poping all the way down to Bird Island Cove. I decided to reverse course and try the reefs along Confederate and South Deer, but still no bait....tides to high. I then ventured deep into the back marsh along Dalehite and there I found the bait (Mullet) and the trout. It appears during these recent big tides the bigger bait has pused into the marsh. Caught the trout on topwaters and gulp.....sorry no pics. The water is warm enough to wet wade.
    Last edited by Mell Wader; April 27, 2009, 09:38 AM.

Thanks for the report!

Comment

Thanks for the report Mel!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Lets hope this weather calms down some so the fish will get back to their normal spring routine.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I found a nice red in the marsh in Trinity he was sitting in 1' of water tides were so high Saturday that it was a blast in the Gator-Tail! I was cruising across land
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good report Mellwader.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

When those tides get like that, I start looking for reds in the pastures.....They go as far as they can, as do the mullet.
              "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

Good report! How many trout did you catch and what size were they?

Comment

Thanks for the report. Way to grind out to find the fish

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats!
                      NK
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report Mel!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report! Persistence paid off!
                            Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report Mell. I've had a similiar experience along the south shoreline when the tides were up.

Comment

Working...
                              X