Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/25 and 4/26 West bay South Shoreline

4/25:

GF's son and his two buddies came down. I took them out about noon-south shoreline not far from Jam Beach, live shrimp under corks. They fished, I drank beer. Not much bait, high winds 15-20+, water sandy green but fishable. Some bait in area. Water temp 77. The 3 kids boated 5 trout to 22". Lost 3 next to boat-I guess I shoulda brought the net!! Lost a nice trout next to boat-looked at least 4#s. Back in by 3 pm.

4/26:

One of his buddies had to leave, so just 3 of us, so I got to fish. The one that left also left his wedding ring on kitchen sink window sill-he's in trouble with wifey I bet!! Anyway, hit same spot about 1 pm. Tide high, shrimp under corks. 8 keeper trout-my biggest was 24" and I caught a 24" red. In by 2:30-ran outta shrimp (1 qt). Wind was worse than Saturday. Same conditions as to water and baitfish. Total Sunday-8 trout up to 24" and 1 red at 24". Left net at dock, lost 3 next to boat AGAIN.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Not a bad day.......I've fished alot longer for alot less.
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

Thanks for the reports, bet the kids had a blast catching those fish

Comment

Sounds like fun! Were the bait stealers giving you any trouble with those skrimps?

Comment

We had 2 slimed misses and a few bait pickers, but no hardheads, gafftops or piggies were caught.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report!
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice report.Congrats on the catch
              NK
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report! Thanks,
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job catching

Comment

Thanks for the report and nice job putting those kids on some fish

Comment

Just a quick story about fishing with some kids. The wife and I went to the point in Terramar to relax and fish last night, but there was a father with his dad and a few kids sitting around. The father and his dad where fishing and their 7 year old girl looked like she wanted to fish so bad, but Dad was trying to catch whatever he could, so I gave my pole to her. She had no clue how to fish, but after a little coaching, she did well. She lost about 10 shrimp before she caught a nice black drum. Sorry, no pictures, but the look on her face was priceless!
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

The "kids" I took were 25 or so. I still think they're kids!!

Comment

I am 39 and still a kid, I will never grow up!
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Me too somewhat. Over 50 and feel 20 mentally, physically feel old-oh my aching back.

Comment

I have had pains like that since I was 30, because of basketball and other sports I played growing up. I need surgery on both shoulders and my back, but that means I would have to do rehab and it might take me away from fishing.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X