Section 8 Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 8 Housing

This person says it all quite well-from Letters to the Editor in the GDN today:

Let me begin by stating I am a realtor in Galveston. Also, I am tired of all the bad press about the housing conditions on this island. Slum lords will exist no matter where you live. All the drama about the lack of quality housing is just that — drama.

I show rentals all day, and quite a few to Section 8 clients. For the majority, they have vouchers in excess of my house payment. I resent this. I work seven days a week to pay my bills. They always want a three- to four-bedroom, two-bath home in a good neighborhood. Don’t we all?

But all the students and hardworking people have to settle for the mediocre house in the not-so-good neighborhood because their sometimes second and third jobs are still not enough to get them in the homes some of these so-called poor Section 8 people enjoy.

Don’t get me wrong, I have some wonderful Section 8 clients who truly do need and deserve the best that I can find them. However, the majority of the calls I get comment, “We’ll, I’m not living in that neighborhood,” or one of my favorites, “The living room is too small for my new 50-inch TV,” or again, “I am not parking my new car in that neighborhood.”

People, until the system is reformed and reviewed on a regular basis, this will continue. Now, I know I am going to get bashed for this, but until more people speak out, this drama will continue. Get over it already.

Rony Kraft
    Galveston

I think the GHA and HUD need a Rony Kraft on their Boards-someone that has evidenced the raping of tax dollars-I believe Kraft nailed it perfectly. Maybe 6 month inspections of each Sec. 8 housing could help solve BS like this-if they can afford a new car or giant TV, they don't need gummint support-like Kraft says-some of these folks live better than folks that actually contribute to society, which is sad and sucks.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

I spent a year and half trying to get my 84 year old grand mother, and my 56 year old deaf and blind uncle that received 672.00 a month from SS, into subsidized housing and couldn't get them into Chit. I have been renting them my house (before I got Married) I have a monthly nut of 1,350.00, and I charge them 500.00. The fking Gov. Pisses me off Specialy when I get Audited for writing off mt neg. rent equity. I love my Grandma, but I will probably have to get here out and find something smaller in the near future. I have been doing this for over 3 years now, and can't afford to much longer. The Section 8 housing needs to be re-vamped!!!!!! Man that pisses me off.
    Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
    (AKA Evans Marine Services)
    4340 19th St.
    Bacliff, Texas 77518
    http://evansmarine.net
    http://boatwerxtx.com
    main@boatwerxtx.com
    281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

While you get dicked around, Tasheeta crackhaid is enjoying her new house and dropping welfare babies because the system favors young, crackhaid ho's while letting the elderly and truly disabled starve to death. Sad deal-add the wonderful IRS in and may as well be nekkid face down with a "Help Yurself" sign at the Gay Pride Parade in San Fran. It's like being a brand of airconditioning-Rheem!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        While you get dicked around, Tasheeta crackhaid is enjoying her new house and dropping welfare babies because the system favors young, crackhaid ho's while letting the elderly and truly disabled starve to death. Sad deal-add the wonderful IRS in and may as well be nekkid face down with a "Help Yurself" sign at the Gay Pride Parade in San Fran. It's like being a brand of airconditioning-Rheem!!
        AMEN!!!
        Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
        (AKA Evans Marine Services)
        4340 19th St.
        Bacliff, Texas 77518
        http://evansmarine.net
        http://boatwerxtx.com
        main@boatwerxtx.com
        281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Oh my gosh! I think I must be coming down with something! I agree with Robalo, again!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Section 8 Luxury

Great post Robalo, this is fu---d up. I see this all the time. Not right!!

Comment

Totally agree...

At my father in laws clinic, i see patients drive up in new tundras, titans, yukons, escalades, mercedes and then bust out medicaid/chips/cobra allll the time. Their kids have androud cellphones, nindo ds and playstaion portables. They ALL have white ear buds connected to ipod touchs. Its insane. And then they write checks for $10 and bounce 75% of the time

Comment

Look at the GHA-they give em $250,000 houses!!! That's almost twice what my tax roll value is. Real focking fair and smart aint it!! They'll like like **** in 3 years because of the scum ways they live.

Comment

Working...
                X