Should be time soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be time soon...

With this long strech of heavy S. wind and no cold fronts in site I think the next time the surf is flat and green the specks should be in thick. The beachfront has warmed up nicely and all we need is for this wind to die down. Bring it on!

my thoughts exactly

Comment

All I can tell you is yesterday the tide was so high and the wind was blowing so hard that the water from the surf almost hit bluewater highway at Terramar. You should have seen all the trees littered over the beach, which might have come from the Trinity.

I can not wait for the wind to calm down some, so we can hit the surf!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

FWE surf day coming up.....

Comment

I don't think the wind is ever going to stop so I am going fishing tomorrow!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yea I can't wait!

Comment

This reminds me I need to hit up Academy and get some spoons and spooks

Comment

Originally posted by Torque View Post
                FWE surf day coming up.....
                Sounds like a party. Let's try to pick a date to get a group of us all out to the surf and have a surf fishing party. We can have a little competition like $10 per person and the largest trout or red wins the pot and you have to buy all the beer for the after party.

I am willing to host it at our bayhouse in Terramar is anyone is interested.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Looks like the winds are backing off friday. Maybe sunday will be the day

Comment

Explorer 21, I'm in on the surf contest. If I catch the big trout or red or if I dont, I will still bring beer!

Comment

Let's see how the week turns out and maybe we can get a gathering somewhere on the West End either on Saturday or Sunday. I have to head out around noon on Sunday, because we are going to the Kenny Chesney concert.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I can't wait for the surf to slick out...but i think it's gonna be a while.

With the sustained winds we've been having, along with the heavy,swollen tides, and now all freshwater runoff...it may take a while for the surf to get "right".

I hope i'm wrong though, i love fishing the surf.
                        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Yeah, I think the first ice cream day is not anytime soon. I hear the fish are still around even with rough surf, I'll have to go out bare-bones (less to lose if I flip) in the yak sometime and see if they are out past the breakers. Lots of times the surf is rough but there is a nice looking color change 200yds off or so.

I am also down for a surf party

Comment

My plan is to see how the wind reports look tomorrow or Friday morning and then send out an invite to have surf party on Saturday at Terramar Beach or the spot close to the Rusty Hook.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

south winds 10-20 all weekend will make fishing the surf real tough this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X