Galveston Bay 4/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay 4/28

What a day!! Started out throwing tops in the morning in acres and acres of mullet in 3-6 ft of water. Catching solid 3-4 pounders! They shut off about 10:30 AM. They were still slicking like crazy but they wouldnt bite. Went to another area in 2.5 to 3.5 ft of water about 11:30 and still slicking but they wouldnt bite. Then i noticed a school of jacks going crazy and my dumba$$ decides to throw a corky in teh middle of them. An hour later I am out in the middle of the bay and this thing is still going! But I finally just crank my drag down and decide I am either going to land this fish or break off because my arm hurts. So I finally net it and release it and then I notice the birds. 4 or 5 sets all with dinks under them. i only fished them for a half hour until I hooked a seagull and decided that I knew where I was taking my clients tomorrow. Good day for sure especially since the wind was only about 15 mph by midday. Which is like heaven compared to the last 4-5 weeks. Water was still dirty but cleaning up little by litle as that incoming tide came in and the wind laid down. Tight lines to all and remember to take a kid fishing!!
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Nice. Congrats.

Comment

Sounds like a good day. Thanks for the report.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice work, i'd take that just about any day.

Thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice report.Congrats
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

enjoyed reading your report....sounds like fun....encouraging news about the water/wind conditions....I hopeing next week (break from school) conditions will be good so I can get after some fish!

Comment

Thank for the report, sounds like some nice fish on the tops

Comment

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear birds working. Thanks! What bay were ya in (east, Upper, Lower or ?)?
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report! Always fun to hook up to a big jack!

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice report Capt.!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt Craig....What part of the bay system? You usually fish the north end don't you?
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I hate to give away my spots. I will tell you, as you can see by todays report, that I launched at Fat Boys.
                          Capt Craig Lambert
                          832-338-4570

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            Thanks for the report Capt Craig....What part of the bay system? You usually fish the north end don't you?
                            I fish every part of the complex. West Bay, East Bay, Trinity bay, burnett bay, Tabbs Bay, Upper and lower Galveston bay, Clear lake and San luis pass. The only part of teh bay sytem I really dont know is Christmas bay. I could use some schooling on how to fish that bay!! since this is teh west end anglers club I may have to hook up with someone who can show me that part of the bay system and how to navigate and fish it
                            Capt Craig Lambert
                            832-338-4570

Comment

Good report Capt..Christmas is easy if your out there this weekend let me know I'll be out there all weekend if you get a wild hair, well at least in the genreal vicinity

Comment

Working...
                              X