468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about purchasing under water lights - any recommedations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about purchasing under water lights - any recommedations?

After the fun the wife and I had last weekend fishing the green under water lights, I am now looking to get one for our canal. I went online and there are several companies that make them and they all come with the same equipment (control box, 50' cord, 1 bulb that covers 20-30ft, a weight and light sensor).

So I am now looking at pricing and the two that got my attention is Green Monster ($349.00 for a single bulb system) and Underwaterfishlight.com ($ 299.00).

Do any West End Anglers use either one of these or can someone recommend a system that is comparable in pricing?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Or you can make your own out of a Mercury Vapor dusk till dawn... if you have any electrical ability. If you do, be sure to let the marine sealant set for at least 72 hours. If not then just go buy one. Either way be sure to put it on a GFCI curcuit.

Joe

Comment

Joe, I do not have any electrical ability, but thanks for the idea.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Both of those brands are fine. I usually see more of the underwaterfishinglight.com, not sure if it is because of the cost or quality. My friend just put those out in front of his dock. Those prices are about normal too, unless maybe there is some deal on ebay. I would just go with the underwaterfishinglight.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback UncleHandy and if I do purchase some of these lights, ya'll are all welcome to fish them.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Cool. Fishing the lights is always a good time! Those things are pretty easy to install too.

Comment

Call the guy that advertises in the Islander Magazine. He has the cheapest price and is a retired electrician. I have 3 from him. They used to be $159, then $179, now $229 I believe. You prolly don't need the 75' long cord, unless no plug is close by. He is the cheapest price. The ballasts are nearly impossible to get nowadays due to trade embargo and other political crud-that's what costs the money. 2 of my boxes went under, but lights still work and because they went under water in Ike -they are now a fire hazard and need replacing the boxes-he'll do that for $118 each.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advise.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Hey Mike - I got my lights from the same guy Robalo talks about. He makes them in his garage out of Dickinson I believe. You just call him and stop by anytime. Be sure to get the weight for the light as well. It is a lead sinker that is big enough to be used for Jaws if your light stops working.
                  If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

I got my first one from an old man out of his garage -- over near texas city I think -- retired electrician.. Might be the same guy Robalo is talking about 159 sounds about like what I paid. There used to be a guy at Bay Electric up on 45 at Calder that would build em for you also.. might be worth a call.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I had a few different ones over the last 8 years..

the ones from Green Monster are very good.

I do believe that Brian at BAAD marine supply is going to carry some from Green Monster..

I still need to get one for me, but was waiting till i get all my electrical stuff done

Thomas
                      Capt. Thomas Barlow
                      281-827-6815
                      www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        Call the guy that advertises in the Islander Magazine. He has the cheapest price and is a retired electrician. I have 3 from him. They used to be $159, then $179, now $229 I believe. You prolly don't need the 75' long cord, unless no plug is close by. He is the cheapest price. The ballasts are nearly impossible to get nowadays due to trade embargo and other political crud-that's what costs the money. 2 of my boxes went under, but lights still work and because they went under water in Ike -they are now a fire hazard and need replacing the boxes-he'll do that for $118 each.

What kind of ballasts do you need Robalo?

Comment

I don't know-but their was some trade/import deal with our Gov that made them scarce. I just buy the ones from the retired electrician in LaMarque-nice guy and cheapest price I found for pre-made lights.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Aim them right at Robalos House and he can use a mirro lure to aim where ever he wants...
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Get PAR 64 cans and lights. They only have a 800 hr life so it depends on what you are wanting. The lights don't cost a lot though.

Comment

Working...
                              X