Galveston Bay 4/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay 4/29

Like usual the weather man has no idea what he is talking about. Launched at 7 Am and it was blowing SE @ 18 mph; by noon it was a sustained 22 mph with gusts to 30. 2-3 foot rollers all over the bay. It was just ridiculous out there. When is this wind ever going to end????????????????

But I definitely found the fish. We had 2 shy of a 3 man limit with 20 -30 throwbacks. The crazy thing is that we found tons of slicks on the shorelines and these darn fish were just burpin up again. Slick after slick after slick, cast after cast after cast in the middle of fresh slicks and nothing. Now that was frustrating to say the least. We had to fish the middle of the bay in White caps to catch fish and my clients were troopers about it only because we caught a lot of fish today. They were soaking wet and so was i from overspray. Most of the fish were caught on a sand eel jr and the biggest fish was 3.5 pounds.

Tight lines to all and remember to take a kid fishing this weekend!!!
    Attached Files
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Thanks for the report. I'm glad to see those birds starting to work. It's about that time
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Thanks for reporting over here Capt. Mullet! Good for your customers for being put on some fish! You're a good man my brother! I'm doing the "Take a soldier fishing" thing on 5-14 and would gladly take any tips that you could send my way so that I could put these men on some fish. I'll be leaving out of Sylvan Beach heading north around on my way to Trinity.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice report Capt Mullet. Tough winds out there today!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Well, I reckonize where the bird action is!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice job putting them on some fish
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Looks like some tuff condition but nice fish to go with them. Thanks for the reports

Comment

Nice job. Love it when the birds tattle tale on them fish.

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the report.
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Excellent report!

Comment

Working...
                    X