Tohatsu Mechanic Need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu Mechanic Need!

Hey everybody it's been a while since I posted here and hate to come back just to ask for help! If y'all help, I promise to be more involved.

Ok so here is the problem, my 2011 Tohatsu 40TLDI sat for about 4 months before my trip out to Louisiana, so I knew the fuel needed to be dumped and replaced which was no problem. Refill with fresh gas and now it won't start. Saw a local mechanic and we checked fuel pressure, air pressure, etc., basically everything we could come up with but the plugs were dry. Which leads us to beleive it is a case of clogged fuel injectors. So now I need a quality authorized Tohatsu mechanic, there are some listed on Tohatsu's website but I don't know any of them. Any advice is much appreciated.

Scott

I know Boat Right sells them and may work on them too...

TXSHOCKWAVE is their shop foreman
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Finish Line is authorized to work on them. Call and talk to Mike or Marissa. I can't remember the service guys name. They aren't the cheapest, but they'll fix it right the first time and stand behind their work.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post

X2
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to take it in Friday.

Comment

Any repubtible shop should know how to work on them ... if there is one close to you give them a call

Is that motor not under warranty?
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Mudd the motor is under warranty but like any profession some "authorized" mechanics are just grease monkeys while others are true pros. I just don't want the warranty work to continue because the fellas don't really what to do. Once and done is what I'm looking for.

But with that said, I don't know who is a reputable shop! Still relatively new to Houston, 1 year, and first problem I've had with the motor.

Comment

I spoke to the guys up at Holliday Marine, dropped it of yesterday. They seem to have it nailed down, after about 10 minutes... Seems the high pressure fuel pump is done, no pressure on the gauges & no dice direct from a battery. While in Louisiana I took it to the LA Fish & Game mechanic, he couldn't figure it out in a hour. So they said my boat should be up and running by Wednesday. Thanks for all of the advice guys, I do appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post

X2!!!
                  Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Well, due to time constraints, took it up to Holliday Marine and not to a suggested shop. But it is ready for pickup after 3 business days. The motor needed a new high pressure fuel pump and Tohatsu updated the injectors so three new injectors have been installed, all under warranty. Needless to say I am a happy camper!

FYI - If you have a 2011 40/50 TLDI, you may be eligible for upgraded injectors.

Comment

Alway good to here a good end to the story, thanks for the update
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps View Post
                        Well, due to time constraints, took it up to Holliday Marine and not to a suggested shop. But it is ready for pickup after 3 business days. The motor needed a new high pressure fuel pump and Tohatsu updated the injectors so three new injectors have been installed, all under warranty. Needless to say I am a happy camper!

FYI - If you have a 2011 40/50 TLDI, you may be eligible for upgraded injectors.
                        Wow you are way up there! Good shops like that need to be made aware of the site. We need some mechanics for those that live in Conroe, Woodlands & Huffman area.

Bryan Evans & High Tech Marine do a good job in the Clear Lake / Galveston area but good to know some reputable shops on the outskirts of town.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WEA ya that's why running down to BoatRight was nearly impossible. Heck I had to plug my ears and sprint out the back door of the office last Friday just to make it over to Holliday. From the knowledge shared in talking with James, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone on the NE - Kingwood/Crosby side of Houston.

Comment

Sweet my uncle lives in Kingwood and needs a good boat mechanic thanks !
                            I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

FYI, we work on Tohatsu's as well.
                              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                              4340 19th St.
                              Bacliff, Texas 77518
                              http://evansmarine.net
                              http://boatwerxtx.com
                              main@boatwerxtx.com
                              281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment