Saw one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw one

Went out to the diversionary right after sun down. The wind was light and cool. Decided to push the kayak along the harbor walk side of the shore line towards Hitchcock. The water was a bit off colored but we could see down to 2 feet fairly well.

Half way down our push I saw a solid fish right on the channel edge and my buddy in the other kayak had the gig and he could not see it. So I asked him to hand me the gig. Well longer story short we got blown off the location and we could not find the fish again.

We worked both sides of the channel from 6-8Pm with no fish stuck. I guess I got out there a little to early. I'm going to have to try it again later this week.
    Son of the Republic

I rolled out of BV around 7ish hit my spot and gigged 2 within 20 minutes but couldnt find another for another 30 minutes or so, found a lot of fresh beds but decided to turn it in for the night. BY THE WAY....anyone going under the bayou vista rail road bridge in a boat....its a tight squeeze and LOWER YOUR RODS. I've been through there 100 times and do it every time, untill tonight thank god i didnt break any.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne.

Comment

Working...
    X