Friday night lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday night lights

Fished Friday night out of Pirates, launched a little before dark and headed down the channel to find a house w/no one home and 2 stadium lights shining in the water. Right when we pulled up we saw bait jumping and heard trout popping the water. 1st two cast I caught 2 reds, followed up by my buddy catching 2 trout on a spec rig. We fished till 1 in the morning, caching a mix of reds, specs and sandies. Brought home 12 keeper trout for the dinner table. All in all it was a blast, pretty much nonstop action the whole time we were there.

For lures we used: spec rigs, corkies, 19mr mirrorlures, yozuri (the one yall talk about on here that are hard to find, looks like a glass minnow and work really good at night, sorry dont know the name of it), and some kind of small glow/chatruese shrimp imitation lure I found yesterday at Fishing tackle unlimited. The hot lures were the mirrolure in a glass shad color and those little shrimp. My buddy and I had a contest between the yozuri and mirrorlure and I beat him 8 to 2 with the mirrorlure. Im going back to Fishing Tackle Unlimited Monday and I will post the name and color of the mirrorlure and shrimp I was using.

The only downfall to the night was I lost my Stake Out Stick, the damn clamp on a rope I had tied to it came off when I was setting it into the water and the stick just sank to the bottom. Oh well at least I get to go buy the new model now.
    Last edited by CarolinaSkiffin; May 2, 2009, 09:16 PM.

That is a good night of fishing, besides losing your Stake out Stick. You know what they say, take the good with the bad, every day!

Thanks for the report.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

where did yall launch from?

Comment

Sounds like a blast! Congrats and thanks for the report.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

We launched at Pirates on the bay

Comment

Nice work! The fishkill didn't bother you guys or it wasn't there?

Comment

Nice guys!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Where is Pirates?...like near jamaica beach?

Comment

That is always a productive spot, when their not home of course, nice job!

Comment

Nice report! Good fishing.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job.Congrats
                      NK
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                      X